Today was another weekly doctor's appointment and stress test.
The fetal stress test went great. Ty was kicking like mad this morning. He is getting pretty good at this. No coaxing this time! This is one of the neatest things for me as a dad to experience because you can hear this noise (sounds like horse galloping), which is Ty's heart beat going about 135 beats per minute. Then when Ty moves his heart races to about 160 beats a minute and it you can hear this sound like water sloshing around and fingers screeching across wet glass. Truly an amazing feeling.
Today we had Dr. Brown and I have to say, out of all the doctor's we have visited she is one of the most pleasant, caring and cheerful doctor's I have ever been around. In fact, I like her almost as much, if not a little more, than Dr. Orndorf.
Anyways, Dr. Brown checked Lori's cervix which was not dilating at all. So for at least today, no celebration. She did perform another quick sonogram and confirmed that Ty is still head down and in proper position, which confirms we are a shooting for a natural birth.
Lori's vitals were just OK this week although the doc did not seem concerned. Lori gained 3 more pounds and her blood pressure was a little high today. But I think the high blood pressure was only because I was agitating her while she was getting her stress test! :-) Imagine that?!?
Lori became very happy with Dr. Brown when she suggest Lori quit work. Since we are close to the due date, and since Lori travels to Carlisle everyday Dr. Brown thought it would be a good idea. So today is Lori's last day at work.
Now I have to start hearing "ah, someone has to go to work tomorrow, but I don't!" Oh Joy... I guess I will have to put up with that for a few weeks until Ty comes... then we will see if Lori is still saying that! ;-)
That is this weeks update. Keep checking back...
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad to hear that all is well. Dr. Brown is such a sweetie. I loved her during my prenatal appointments. Relax while you can Lori! Pretty soon you will be hoping that you can go back to work and leave Shaun with the baby. LOL Take care!
Post a Comment