Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mom is Back to Work

Lori returned to work this week so things have been a bit hectic around the Smith House.

We spent the weekend preparing baby sitter boxes with formula, diapers, bottles and other miscellanous stuff along with getting food prepared for the week and clothes ready to wear. Nan Smith is keeping Ty on Mondays and Lori's Aunt Patty is baby sitting Tuesday through Fridays.

We have to say that everything is going better than expected. Ty is doing well in the mornings and during the day with his baby sitters. Although evenings spent with Ty are extremely short because of his bed time around 7:30, we try to use every minute possible to entertain the little guy.

Lori is getting adjusted to her new sleeping schedule. No more sleeping in to 8 or 8:30... nope, it is 5:30 AM now. 5:30 AM comes awful early to those used to sleeping in the past 4 months! :-) I have to say she is doing well so far, but Friday is approaching and I am sure she will be beat!

To give her a bit of a break, I have taken over baby duty at night so she can at least stay in bed. She naturally awakes when Ty does, but I get up with him to change his diaper and feed him his bottle. I enjoy doing it and it is only 20 minutes. The problem for me is getting back to sleep. I tend to start thinking about work and daily tasks that need to be done...

So we are taking it day by day, but I am sure within a week or two, we will be pretty much adjusted and in a normal routine.

On a side note, the ice storm we had made for some beautiful scenery. I captured this picture, facing McConnellsburg, from the mountain top along Route 30 between Chambersburg and McConnellsburg on my iPhone. I travel past this place everyday and have never stopped by. Yesterday's show from Mother Nature was too hard to pass up! I wish I would have had my good camera because this picture does not give the scene justice.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize the iPhone could take that good of a picture! That's impressive! Hope you get lots of rest this weekend, Lori Jo!