Sunday, August 3, 2008

Week 34 - Baby Shower

On Saturday Lori was given a "Surprise" Baby Shower. She had an idea that it was Saturday and believe me, she asked many questions about it... so many questions in fact one evening I got a little adjitated with her and had to tell her to relax. :-)

When I arrived at the Baby Shower no one but Lori's Grandparents were there. Mother Nature showed her ugly side with a very big Thunderstorm complete with Wind, Heavy Rain and even penny sized hail. But it only lasted 20 minutes and the sky cleared and Mr. Sunshine came back out. *Shew* I was glad to see him!


Lori arrived just after 3 o'clock and was not surprised of the party but surprised to see the location and everyone that was able to make it. Thank you for all the well wishes, gifts and for sharing our special day with us. We really enjoyed it!

Tracey and Andrea put a lot of time into the making the invitations, taking RSVPs and oraganizing and setting up the decorations. Lori's mom provided the good food. A Big Thank You goes out to them and anyone else who contributed to putting together the day, Lori and I sure do appreciate it!


The cake was prepared by a friend of Tracey's with, what else, a frog decoration! The cake was half chocolate walnut and the other half vanilla. It was delicious.



We received a lot of great things that we put on our registry... a stroller, car seat, diapers, bottles, blankets and lots of clothes among many other things. We have to say that we were quite overwelmed and thankful for the generosity of everyone.





I even got a special gift to use when Ty comes courtesy of my best buddy Jeremy! :-) A Gas Mask for when I have to change diapers along with some nice thick latex gloves! I could not stop laughing!

Lori like to say Ty is going to be and act just like his daddy... by the look of my new hair style, I am sure she is right on the mark!



Again, thank you to everyone, who came from near and far, the gifts and well wishes. With only 6 weeks to go, the days are going by fast and Lori and I are both very excited. Can't wait for everyone to meet this bundle of joy!



We will keep you posted on the health checks on mom and Ty! Keep checking back!


No comments: