Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Week 26 - Registry, Sonograms, Kicking & Nursery

26 weeks down, about 14 more to go!

After 3 1/2 hours in Target our Registry is complete. I don't think I have spent 3 1/2 hours in the same store before but it was fun. Lori and I had a great time looking at all the things we need and all the clothes that we want to buy! :-) My mom came along and was a huge help. She pointed out a lot of things that we never even thought about putting on our list.

Lori's Week 20 sonogram for the anatomy checkup revealed an abnormality that the doctor did not seem to concerned about. However, he said that a two vessel umbilical cord is something we needed to follow up on with more tests. Otherwise, Ty is doing great!


Lori and my mom made their way up to Harrisburg a few weeks ago for a another sonogram and fetal echocardiogram. I was unable to go because I was out of town attending a training class for work. Everything turned out OK and the baby is healthy and so is mommy. Oh it's still a boy... For Sure! Lori goes back July 3rd for another checkup and this time I will be going!

Lori has started to feel Ty kicking and punching her every so often. It seems he really appreciates dinner in the evening because he likes to celebrate with a little jab or kick soon afterward. Taking after daddy like any good son does!

My parents have been so generous and purchased the furniture (Crib, Changing Station & Dresser) for Ty's room. Thank You So Much!!! My best friend Jeremy was nice of enough to lend his time to go to my parents, pick it up and help me take it into the house. Thanks to you as well!

Along with the getting the furniture we started the nursery over Father's day weekend. We have chosen to go with a Frog theme... frog border, frog curtains, frog crib accessories, frog stuffed animals. Everywhere you look, there is frogs! :-)



My mom and dad came over on Father's day and while dad was relaxing, mom and I were working hard putting up border. Soon afterward Lori and mom put up the curtains that look great followed by some good Beer Can Chicken on the grill for our Father's Day Celebration. Next year at this time, I will be able to celebrate my very first Father's Day. Wow, how fast time goes by!

Monday evening I put together the crib and changing table which took a few hours but was enjoyable. Although there were a lot of pieces to put together, I did not end up with any spare parts, which I guess is a good thing!



No comments: